Possible fix to black screen on game start

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I was having the permenant black screen when I tried to start a game since the new client. I went into options->social and turned off cross platform play and chat and since then I haven't had a problem.

Comments

• edit: I turned off "Cross-Network Play" and "Cross-Network Communications" at the top of the Social tab on the options menu when you hit escape.

• This doesn't seem to work for me. Tried with both World Tier 1 and 2. Downloaded and installed the game and the launcher 3 times now still black screen after the update. Any solutions? Mods?

• the same issue here. several characters can not enter the game after R.1.1.0. The black screen after clicking start button with both W. T.1 and T.2 . I've tried many times and the same result. low lv. character can enter the game btw.

• same for me my lvl 50 chars cannot enter on any world. only creating a new char helped so far.

• laalexxcringe#9505laalexxcringe#9505 Administrator
    edited August 2023

If you can enter the game with a new character but can't enter with old ones:

Please provide names for those characters and your battletag (it can be found in the launcher, right top corner, something like username#0000)

• the names are Cycros, Cyc and battle is MKUN83#7466

• I already mentionded about this too. mine is SEGI214U#7625

Old ones which 50. levels can not enter the game but low level characters. It's not world Tier problem. I tried many times both.

• attached above. my characters name= SkyNec, SkySocc, SkyUp, SkyDruid, CartoonMon. They all have the same issue. Thanks for your time .

• KobaY, Akinal#5114. Lvl50 Rogue.

• Hi same problem battletag SHADOW93#3507 Nick Shadow .

• Temporary work around is to create new account and start from scratch if all your characters are not able to enter. That's what I did.